EXOTERRA | HEALTH BENEFITS OF INSECT PROTEIN
The Next New Miracle Superfood: Insects ?
Want to boost your health with sustainable, organic, clean nutrition? Look no further than Insects.
According to panel discussions held at the Institute of Food Technologies
insects are the food of the future. Not only are they good for you, they’re a low-cost alternative to animal protein with far less impact on the environment. If this sounds ridiculously futuristic, think again; cricket-based protein powders are already hitting the market here in the U.S. Some insects are as much as 80% protein by weight and provide more essential amino acids than most animal proteins.
Along with being rich in nutrients like omega-3, & omega-6 fatty acids, Insects contain B12, iron, zinc, fiber,
protein, essential amino acids
and antioxidants. Insects are as well rich in trace elements such as copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, and vitamins like riboflavin, pantothenic acid, biotin, and folic acid, all
that are easily digested by the body.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF INSECT PROTEIN INCLUDE -
• 3 x the Protein of Beef, Chicken, or Fish
• 67- 79% human grade protein per serving ( depending on insect species
• Complete sustainable cellular protein
• Essential amino acids & minerals
• Accelerates protein synthesis
• Boosts energy & vitality
• Complete cell hydration & regeneration
• High levels of zinc, magnesium & b6
• Pure life sustaining organic nutrients
• Sustainable, no environmental impact
• Build, maintain & tone lean muscle
• Superior nutritional absorption rate
• High in probiotic enzymes & antioxidants
Some of the top insects currently consumed are as follows.
• June Bugs
• Wax Worms/Grubs