46.2% fat, 2.8% and 2.6% ash, 3.9% and 4.9% dietary fibre for the green and brown grasshoppers respectively. These grasshoppers also contain macro and trace minerals such as; phosphorus (P) 140.9 mg/100g and 121.0 mg/100g, potassium (K) of 370.6 mg/100g and 259.7 mg/100g, calcium (Ca) of 27.4 mg/100g and 24.5 mg/100g, iron (Fe) of 16.6 mg/100g and 13.0 mg/100g, zinc of 17.3 mg/100g and 12.4 mg/100g in the green and brown grasshopper respectively.
They also exhibited a retinol concentration of 2.1 μg/g and 2.8 μg/g, riboflavin 1.2 mg/100g and 1.4 mg/100g, α-tocopherol 201.0 μg/g and 152.0 μg/g and niacin 2.1 mg/100g and 2.4 mg/100g for the green and brown grasshopper respectively. The lipid analysis showed that the grasshoppers’ oil contains high quantities of polyunsaturated fatty acids, 89.4% and 84.3% neutral lipids, glycolipids 3.2% and 6.4%, 7.4% and 9.3% phospholipids, for green and brown grasshopper respectively. Furthermore, Ghosh et al., (2016) evaluated the nutrients quality in Oxya hyla hyla grasshopper species. The results showed that this species consists of 64% protein, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrate, amino acids and unsaturated fatty acids. They also reported that this grasshopper is low in antinutritional factors and contains negligible amounts of cholesterol and other fats. These findings support that grasshopper is an excellent source of essential minerals, vitamins and nutrients that are essential for the healthy functioning of the body. This further suggests that this edible insect is suitable for tackling nutritional deficiencies that are increasingly becoming a global concern.
ExoTerra cricket powder is the highest grade organic insect protein on the market. Made from 100% sustainable organic human grade crickets. Providing your body with superior clean proteins, micro nutrients, essential vitamins, trace minerals and omega's. No fillers or additives, just pure organic crickets, milled into a fine powder.
Cricket Protein Nutritional Value per 100g
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) (ug)
Fat (GC/FID) (g)
Saturated Fatty Acids (g)
Trans Fat (g) .338
Fiber, total dietary (g)
Iron (g) 0.003
Omega – 3 (g)
Omega – 6 (g)
Beta Carotene (ug/100g)
• 100% organic • Human grade crickets ( finely milled to powder / flour ) • 66% - 70% Protein per cricket • Contains the main branched-chain amino acids ( BCAA'S ) • Excellent for all fitness and post recovery work outs • All crickets are organic certified and fed organic grains and vegetables • Contains 70% protein, more calcium than in milk, more iron than in spinach, and almost 20 times more B12 than in beef • Doublethe protein vs beef • More B12 than salmon, beef, or chicken • 9x more omega's than wild salmon • Packed with nutritional benefits • High in amino acids • High levels of zinc, magnesium, and B6 • Zinc is also known as an aphrodisiac • Helps promote better sleep • Able to be shipped world wide • Sustainable superfood • Pesticide and GMO free • Paleo • Gluton free • No GMOs • No artificial flavors • No artificial colors • No artificial sweeteners • No preservatives • No Toxins • No dairy • No soy ingredients • No Fillers
• Able to be shipped world wide
• Product shelf life and freshness is based on 12 Months from date of manufacture when stored under recommended conditions
• This product is produced and processed organically under hygienic conditions. Product is not irradiated, treated with sewer sludge, or produced with genetically modified materials.
• The process of converting crickets into cricket powder involves cleaning, freezing, roasting, cooling and grinding. The cricket powder is then packed in an eco friendly packaging and readied for shipping
• Please note people with seafood or nut allergies might also have sensitivities to insects.